Western Australian Museum – Perth: physical access information
This page describes the accessible facilities available at the Western Australian Museum – Perth.
- Western Australian Museum — Perth,
Perth Cultural Centre,
Perth, Western Australia, 6000
- ACROD parking
- Location: on street Francis Street
No of bays: 1
Size of bays 9m long and 2.3m wide
Level/Ramp access to Perth Cultural Centre from Francis Street
Ramp access to Museum main entrance from Perth Cultural Centre closest to Beaufort Street
Cost of parking: undercover parking until midnight, State Library of Western Australia, $2.90 per hour
- Drop off area
- Acrod parking space on Francis Street, nearest to Museum Gate 2. Access to Museum main entrance via Museum Grounds.
Main entrance: drop off point at Beaufort Street entry to the Perth Cultural Centre. Aprox. 40m to museum ramp. Ramp exists leading to Museum main entrance.
Drop off point at corner of James and William Streets, entry to the Perth Cultural Centre. Aprox. 200m from entry point to Museum entrance. Ramp exists leading to Museum main entrance
- Entry to Museum
- Museum Gate 3, near Francis Street, access via Museum grounds
Museum Gate 4, opposite State library of WA, access via Museum grounds
Main Museum entrance. No self-opening door. Ramp to Museum main entrance
An accessible path from parking options/drop off area/public transport to Museum entry exists via the Perth Cultural Centre
- The main reception at the WA Museum – Perth is located in the principal foyer facing the Perth Cultural Centre and the Art Gallery of WA offices
- Access within Museum
- Wheel chair access to the exhibition galleries, shop, museum grounds and café internally and externally. Lifts providing access to exhibition galleries are suitable for wheelchair access.
Lifts are suitable for wheelchairs, although very large heavy wheelchairs may have difficulty in using the Beaufort foyer lift or lift to the Mammals Gallery
- Trained Guide or Assistance Dogs
- Visitors accompanied by a Trained Guide or Assistance Dog or a dog undergoing such training are welcome in this site.
- Equipment available
- Three (3) wheelchairs are available for use, and one a walker (zimmer frame). Visitors can call 9427 2877 to book in advance or inquire at the front desk at the Perth Museum
- One unisex accessible toilet is located on the ground floor next to the main Museum entrance
- Hearing loops
- No hearing loops are currently available
- Permanent Galleries do not have video material captioned
- Audio guides
- Audio guides are available depending on the exhibition scheduled in the Temporary Exhibitions Gallery. Further inquiries can be directed to the information desk in the main foyer on 9427 2877
- Touch trolleys
- No special services for vision impaired patrons
- Enquiries can be directed to the information desk in the main foyer on 9427 2877