Science. Technology. Engineering. Art. Maths.
Mon 16 Apr 2018 – Tue 24 Apr 2018
Session times vary
WA Maritime Museum
The STEAMsub is waiting for you to come and explore!
Sign up for our hands-on workshops to learn about our Museum's collections and maritime research.
There are only 15 places per workshop so get in quick or you may miss out!
Sea, Sand, and Skeletons: Adventures in Archaeology
Prepare yourself for a hands-on archaeology workshop!
Learn how archaeologists solve mysteries of the past through scientific investigations and interactive challenges.
Understand how the artefacts and bio-facts uncovered from archaeological sites helps to explain how and why archaeology is relevant to our lives.
- Workshops are fully facilitated by Museum staff members.
- The terms and conditions are contained in the Children in Care Form, which can be downloaded below. Please complete this form and bring it with you on the day.
- Participants with their adult guardian must arrive for registration 15 minutes before the session starts.
- During the workshop, guardians may either:
1. Stay and take a look around the WA Maritime Museum.
2. Leave the participants with our experienced staff for the duration of the session.
- If you have any questions, give us a call on 1300 134 081.
Image copyright the WA Museum
1300 134 081
The WA Maritime Museum is located within walking distance of Fremantle Station visit the Transperth website for timetables.
The WA Maritime Museum is serviced by the free Fremantle Cat Service, at stop 24. Visit the Transperth website for timetables and details.
Paid parking is available in the City of Fremantle car park just outside the WA Shipwrecks Museum. Additional paid parking is available in the Wilsons car park at the WA Maritime Museum, Victoria Quay which is a short walk from the WA Shipwrecks Museum.
Captain Cook Cruises offer a range of ferry services from Perth which stop nearby at B-Shed ferry terminal.
Comprehensive accessibility information about the WA Maritime Museum can be found on the Access WA website.