Museum of the Great Southern: Physical Access information
This page describes the accessible facilities available at the Museum of the Great Southern.
- Museum of the Great Southern,
Albany, Western Australia, 6330
- ACROD parking
- Main museum car-park. Two large bays available. Level access. No barriers. Free (no cost)
- Drop off area
- Main museum car-park. Drop off in front of Eclipse building or Residency building. Level access. No barriers.
- Entry to Museum
- Accessible path from parking and drop off area to Museum entry. Small ramp leading down to Eclipse building entrance, small ramp leading up to Cooperative building and One Teacher School Room. No stairs to either main entrances. All entrances level. All doors manual opening.
- The reception desk is located in the Eclipse building on the ground floor, Immediately inside the doors.
- Access within Museum
- All galleries have level flooring. There is lift access to the second story of the Eclipse building. The lift access is suitable for PWD and wheelchairs.
- Equipment available
- The site has a complimentary wheelchair. Manual operation.
- The site does not have universal access toilets. If required urgently, there is access to a larger, handled toilet within the staff administration area.
- Hearing loops
- Audio guides
- Touch trolleys
- The Discovery Centre caters for visually impaired visitors with all objects and specimens available for touch sessions. Staff will assist.
- Contact Catherine Salmaggi on (08) 9841 4844 for group or individual visits where assistance is required or there are special needs.